I do not believe in performing the general ‘cookie cutter’ massage sequence when someone comes to me for relaxation or some general body work.
I perform basic moves to test your joints and movement of your muscles all while you lay on the table. Clients have stated that this style of massage gives them ‘what I feel I need’ on the day.
Many of my clients, once they have overcome an injury, move on to receiving therapeutic massage on a monthly to 6 weekly basis. Massage is then part of their health regime to treat any aches, pains or injuries that they may incur between treatments. Moving on to this stage of treatment allows you become more flexible and mobile, allowing you to get much more out of life.
What to expect during your treatment:
- I will take a history of your complaint and discuss this with you
- I will discuss what outcomes you would like to achieve with your treatment
- I will perform an assessment based around your desired outcomes
- Perform a treatment based on your desired outcomes
- Obtain feedback on the treatment
- Recommend further treatment, if needed
The goal of a Therapeutic Massage treatment is to make you feel energised and awake.