Remedial Massage Therapy is used purely to treat injury and pain stemming from the soft tissue of the body, whether the injury is from sport, overuse injury, chronic postural habits, work related injury, weekend warrior activities or pain such as headaches, migraines or back pain. The goal of treatment is to eliminate pain, restore strength and flexibility and to assist in helping the body perform at its optimum level. This is supported by assessment of the dysfunction, a treatment plan and documented notes.
What to expect during your treatment:
- A detailed history of your complaint.
- An assessment of your injury/complaint including Range of Motion and Strength testing.
- Orthopedic tests of your injured area, if required.
- Testing of Muscle Firing Sequences so they can returned to normal function.
- Treatment consisting of massage techniques, positional release techniques, myofascial techniques stretching, trigger point work and myofascial dry needling (written consent is required).
- You will be asked to get on and off the table once or twice so that I can assess how the treatment is going.
- Take home exercises to maximise treatment.
The goal of a Remedial Massage treatment is to reduce pain and to restore full function to your muscles.